Sunday, July 09, 2006

2006 Couture Collection

Jean Paul Gaultier

He's one of my favourite designers for Moschino Cheap and Chic. You know you can always expect a bit of cheek from him. This time round it comes in fake candle lights and hair hats. Jean Paul Gaultier has the most fabulous LBDs though.






Armani Privé

My favourite haute couture collection would have to be the Georgio Armani Privé. Great dresses, great accessories. I love their angular cut suits, gorgeous headgears, and luxe evening gowns.

This is the one collection in which I could already see a lot of the gowns on red carpets. Perhaps I shall do a little feature next where I dress celebs.





Valentino

The first thing I do when it comes to Valentino haute couture is check out everything's that red. That is his trademark colour after all. This time round I'm afraid I don't see anything exciting in red. The first thing I noticed about this collection is its Russian influences.

Then I notice the make-up. The make-up sets have this sort of dark, foreboding look about it, which makes more than a couple of outfits very vampire-worthy.







Chanel

I applaude Karl Lagerfeld for making classy so young. Using a lot of intricate beading, the dresses are fabulously mini and denim is a commonly made complimentary.





Now isn't this the sweetest Ice Princess...


No comments: