Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Men's Spring/Summer 2007 Part 1

First and foremost, YAY, for Spring/Summer collection '07.

Secondly, I really like the men's collection. I do not usually pay attention to Men's fashion simply because, I'm uh, not a man. But nowadays I find myself perusing and enjoying the men's collection.

Neil Barrett

Neil Barrett's collection has this rock star appeal, what with the black and white, leather jacket, and the too short pants. I suppose this is a good change from all the happy colours and summer berms.

Alexander McQueen


Alexander McQueen named this collection "Harlem". I saw a lot of whites, blues and khakis. The common material used would be summer-appropriate linen. I like the collection for making crisp suits look so comfortable. Effortlessly cool is the keyword for any summer, I think, and this works.

Accessory of the day would be the mosquito-net veil thingy, useful in keeping the abundant desert sand from the pretty eyes. Right.

Bottega Veneta

Bottega Veneta's collection has a lot of white suits, more casual army green, and khaki in various forms. What really drew me to the collection were the bags. I can't help wanting one of them as a boyfriend so that I can use one of the very unisex bag.

Missoni

Ah, I've always admired Missoni and their use of the trademark pattern. For this particular collection, not only do I love the genius use of vibrant colours and mismatched patterns, I love the loafers and bermudas. Smart casual with non-cloying happy vibe, this is definitely one of my favourite men's collections.

I'll be back again with looks from Versace, Vivienne Westwood and Prada, hang tight.

No comments: