Saturday, June 10, 2006

8 of the Best Summer '06

According to June's issue of Singapore ELLE, these are the 8 best looks to carry this summer.

UNIFORM CHIC

The one look that I haven't had the opportunity to try out. All you really need is the high waisted pencil skirt and the smart blouse. Accessorize with a wide tie, chunky necklace and pantent leather shoes like they did here. I would add on braces and a wide waist belt.


IN THE NAVY

Ah yes, who could ignore the nautical craze. I don't have to repeat what everyone else has piped on so much. It's all about the stripes, the blue+red+white combo, and the sailor's tattoo motifs. Mix and match with other prints, like polka dots or geometric shapes.


PRINTASTIC MOD

Well, print crazy. The not very versatile look, but I do appreciate loud prints now and then.


SEXY SPORTSWEAR

The key is to go loose on one end and tight the other. That is, either wear a loose blouse with tights [think the 80's], or wear a Madonna-esque leotard with sports capris.
No sweatpants please, jersey works best. I would get one of those really sexy lowbacks from dancewear stores.


THE NEW ROMANTIC

Yes, I do realise that the whole white victorian thing is getting a bit tiresome. I still like romantic flirty though. I'm planning to get a nice blouse with details like eyelets, crochet, lace, ruched, anything to fancy it up.


ALL WRAPPED UP

Skirts! My obsession with skirts is still very much alive so yes. Elle says crisp "apron" style skirts are hot.


HOT STONES

Unique jewellery is very in and you can find them, well, anywhere. Which makes me question the individualism factor in such accesories. I mean, how unique can unique be if everyone has the same unique jewellery? Besides they all look like a jumbled mess to me.


ON HIGH STREET

I like Mod. It's all about the cigarrette pants, pencil skirts and colour blocks.

No comments: